Sunday, March 09, 2008

Drowning in Time

Words of wisdom for daylight savings time:

We are not stressed because we have no time, but
rather, we have no time because we are stressed.
I'll confess to this problem. I often find myself in the absurd position of staying up till at least midnight in an attempt to catch up on what are supposed to be fun, if challenging pursuits, but which have now been reduced to mere chores (reading, blogging, watching episodes of House).

Paradoxically, I've found that the best way for me to de-stress my life is to schedule it more, but only if I actually keep to the schedule. Otherwise, I 'fall behind' and fail to meet my (probably too high) standards of achievement. Personally, I love the sight of a list with items steadily being checked off.

On a completely practical noted, is DST bad for the environment?

No comments: